Connecticut Water Company
Water Treatment Facility
Constructed this new nine million gallon per day (MGD) dissolved air flotation (DAF)/ granular activated carbon (GAC) treatment plant on the site of the existing water treatment facility.
- Constructed a 25,000 square foot building to house the treatment process, administration offices, lab facility, chemical storage, electrical room and maintenance area
- Constructed both 44,000 gallon and 30,000 gallon concrete storage tanks.
- Installed all mechanical equipment and piping for the new DAF Treatment Process, GAC Filters and Chemical Treatment Systems.
- Coordinated daily construction activities with Connecticut Water to avoid disruption to the existing plants operations.
- Performed night time shutdown of existing plant in order to perform tie-ins to existing raw water pipe and existing finish water pipe.