On Wednesday, March 23, 2022, R.H. White recognized the fourth class of Foreman Development Training graduates. The graduates included (from Auburn, MA): (L to R): Karl Wolfsberger, Building Construction, Cliff Gaulin III, Mechanical Construction, and Vinny Rossetti, Construction Services Division (CSD). Not pictured is Jesse Cheney, Utility Construction – Bow, NH.
The Foreman Development Program provides the appropriate guidance and training to ensure consistency and accountability while successfully preparing foremen to lead R.H. White’s construction and/or service crews. The program is divided into five main phases over a six-month period aimed at developing and ensuring robust leadership competencies:
- Nomination – Employee must in good standing for at least 90 days and have a satisfactory, incident-free safety record.
- Training and Development – Employee is assigned a mentor and coach and provided leadership training.
- Observation and Coaching – Employee must continue to have a satisfactory safety, quality, and productivity record.
- Competency Validation – Leadership competencies are assessed and validated.
- Presentation and Selection – Based on above criteria the employee is invited to apply and interview for the position.
Company officers were on hand in both Auburn, MA and Bow, NH to officially congratulate each graduate, present them their certificate, and wish them well in their new role.
As with any intensive employee development program, a variety of employees were involved in a variety of roles to coach and guide these foreman trainees throughout the program.
They include committee members and mentors: Gene Allen (Utility), Paul Branconnier (Mechanical), Scott Brown (Building), Nic Ciummo (Building), Mark Nelson (Utility), Jonathan Prenger (Utility), John Solitro (CSD – Utility), Ashley Gayhart (Utility), Marta Nowak (CSD), Jamey Pedro (Mechanical), and Chris Mayen (Employee Development).
Additionally, program coaches included Taylor Bannon (Mechanical), Craig Dansereau (Mechanical), Mark Gallant (Utility), Casey Jones (Mechanical), Joel Ortiz (CSD – Utility), Dan MacConnell (Building), and Bill Bresse (Utility).
Thank you to all involved in this important development program and congratulations to our latest graduates. Well done!